What is an Endowment Fund?
An endowment fund is an invested sum of money, with the investment income going to causes of choice. It enables generous people to give long-term, well beyond their lifetime, to a cause that they care about.
Advantages of Community Foundation Endowment Funds
- Utilises Community Foundation expertise in community knowledge, strategic philanthropic giving, investment management and grant making
- Entirely donor- focused: distributes income to any cause of choice
- The donor can remain as public or as private as they wish
- Enables giving that lasts forever
- Provides a platform for multi-generational philanthropy and community impact
- Flexibility; accepts many gift types – giving which can be now and in the future (bequests)
- Attracts tax benefits
“I like the way that Endowment Fund giving is a more strategic way to give, and will benefit my beloved chosen causes forever,” Marisha Koh, Nikau Foundation Donor