Ways to Give
Community Foundations are all about enabling you to decide what option will work best for you.
Here are just some ways to give:
1 Leave a gift in your Will – a way to give after you have gone, through a gift or a percentage of your estate:
- Leave a gift in your Will to your own named fund – is there a cause that you care about? You can set up your very own fund which will continue to give to your cause, forever.
- Leave a gift in your Will to your Community Foundation’s general fund – your Community Foundation monitors the pulse of your community and channels they funds where it is needed most.
2 Donations during your lifetime (which will also qualify for up to 33% tax credit):
- Set up a named fund – you can set up and start donating to your very own fund which will continue to give to your cause, forever.
- Donate to your Community Foundation’s general fund – your Community Foundation monitors the pulse of your community and channels they funds where it is needed most.
- Give through Payroll Giving – small amounts, regularly, which over time grow to be something significant for your community.
- Give through a Giving Circle – think a social ‘book club’ without the books; the social way to give and to support causes that you choose collectively.
3 Charitable Trusts – if you have an existing charitable trust (or are considering establishing one) your local Community Foundation can manage compliance requirements, investments, effective grant making and more. They can provide the means to run a charitable trust without the significant workload.
Contact your local Community Foundation today to discuss the best way for you to give to your community.