For professional advisors – how we can help you
Community Foundations of New Zealand recognise the importance of your relationship with your client. We can add value to that relationship by helping your clients to understand the many ways they can support the community that they love.
Our foundations are all local and have a unique understanding of local community’s needs and the many ways your clients can make an impact. Our foundations are well positioned to ensure that every gift your client makes is not only the right gift at the right time, but is also personal, meaningful and fulfilling.
At no cost to you, your local community foundation can:
- Consult with you and your clients on ways we can help them meet their charitable and financial goals.
- Provide printed materials about giving through your local community foundation, including information on a variety of giving strategies.
- Offer strategies for discussing charitable giving with your clients.
- Keep you updated via our newsletter on the latest news from community foundations around the country and the impact we are having.
- Assist with trustee succession planning for people with their own charitable trusts.
- Accommodate gifts such as real estate, life insurance policies or shares, that are not easily transferable to other charitable entities.
There are a variety of ways for your client to give to your local community foundation, from outright cash gifts through to planned giving strategies designed to help them make the most of tax benefits, maintaining their financial security, and looking after family members.
- to meet to discuss a client’s specific interests
- to receive an information pack
- to receive ongoing updates about community foundations and their impact in New Zealand
- to book an information session on community foundations for your staff
Robert Lee (Partner, KPMG Accountants) discussed with an elderly client why he felt the local community foundation in Tauranga (Acorn Foundation) would offer the best solution for her estate, in terms of meeting her philanthropic wishes. Robert’s client liked the idea of knowing that her estate would make a meaningful and lasting contribution to this region, where she had lived for many years. Robert’s main reasons for suggesting the Acorn Foundation were:
- Acorn is a credible and respected charitable foundation so it takes away the worry of administering a separate charitable trust.
- Acorn is a local charity.
- The objectives of the Acorn Foundation were well aligned with her wishes.
- Revenues and/or capital can be attributed to causes she wanted to help the most.