Why would you choose your local community foundation as the right avenue for your generosity?
But community foundations are different in many ways:
- We are local. We are local people who care about local needs. We know our communities and we have strong connections with local causes. We are governed by local people who volunteer their time because they are passionate about their community.
- We are focused on the generous people we work with. We provide a highly personal and flexible service – focused clearly on the your needs and aspirations, for example:
- Absolute control over direction of gifts – whether you want to choose where your gift goes or would rather leave that up to the local Trustees who are focused on current community needs, the choice is yours.
- Security of intent – we capture very clear instructions of your wishes now and for the future.
- You can choose how involved you want to be in your gifting
- You can choose to be known or choose to be anonymous – it is entirely your choice and we will respect that choice forever.
- We make it very easy and we keep it simple. Expert, easy advice and your choice of how to donate, now or through a gift in your will.
- We can advise on tax benefits. If you give during your lifetime 33% can be claimed back in tax, making your charitable impact go further!
- We are independent. We are apolitical, we are not bound by the whims of local councils or any other political influence.
- We are forever. Your gift will never be spent, only the income from it. You may be surprised how much this accumulates over time! You truly can go on supporting causes that you care about forever and you can leave a lasting legacy.
- We are for everyone. We don’t believe that generosity is only for the very wealthy, and we can tailor a package for you to optimise your giving.